The process involved in creating a unique name and image for a product in the consumers’ mind, mainly through advertising campaigns with a consistent theme. Branding aims to establish a significant and differentiated presence in the market that attracts and retains loyal customers.
Objective of Branding:
- Conjure your message instantly
- Enhance credibility
- Prompt an emotional affirmation
- Motivate the buyer
- Augment customer loyalty
Barriers of Branding:
If a brand campaign fails to achieve results, consider the following factors that could require specific attention-
- Product/service quality
- Bad timing
- Poor location
- Lack of demand
- Poor resonance with target market’s values
A Basic Checklist to Evaluate Your Brand:
Branding can be confusing, so how do you know if your brand is strong enough to give you the internal and external value that you need in your marketing?
- Does your brand relate to your target audience? Will they instantly “get it” without too much thought?
- Does your brand share the uniqueness of what you offer and why it’s important?
- Does it reflect the brand promise that you are making to who you are targeting as well as to your internal audience?
- Do your brand clearly reflect the values that you want to represent another as a customer?